Direct mail marketing has been shown to be effective in reaching customers. The method is effective and so it has been running from last few decades. I guess we have discussed often about the content and subject line of email marketing but I know that is not enough if your layout format is not up to the mark. So this time I will be providing the appropriate way to maintain your email layout so as your email lands on the safe box that INBOX!
Schedule sending out messages at least once a month
- Vary your formats or create a collection of messages you want to use. This will keep the attention of your recipient instead of annoy them.
- Make sure the graphic changes with each mailing so that the customer gets a new message each time.
- The objective of name recognition, product introduction, etc. remains the same throughout the campaign, just the message changes.
Effective Direct Mail – Use the Correct Format
- A headline that grabs their attention. More information about the importance and guidelines of headlines can be found here.
- An eye catching graphic. The mail recipient will look at the picture and turn the postcard over to see what it about.
- Your marketing message must be easy to read, informative, and valuable to the recipient.
- Call to action must tell the reader what to do next, why, and what is in it for them. Do not assume they will know.
- Contact information. Give them several ways to contact you including phone number, website, email, or invite them to your store.
- P.S. is a time-tested staple. Sometimes people’s attention goes directly to the end of the message. Make you P.S. powerful and recap the message in a few words.
Benefit or Value Statement for Your Target Audience
- Direct mail marketing needs to provide a tangible benefit or value statement for the customer.
- ‘If you were in Bob’s head what would Bob want?’, is the question you should ask.
- Ensure you are providing a value statement and not just the features of your product/service.
- Your information, offers, promotions, and any other message must be worth the recipient taking action on your direct mail marketing piece.
Getting your email campaign perfect is not that easy, especially when the spam filters are getting harder. Getting your mails into the inbox is getting tougher day by day. In this situation you need to follow those prescriptions that I have mentioned above. Hope it works, and all the very best for your campaign. Cheers!